Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is looking for a company-wide Recruiter, based out of Janesville, WI. This position is responsible for interviewing, testing and referring applicants for all positions throughout the company, with a special emphasis on pipelining qualified delivery driver applicants. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques and a good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the company as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy & procedure & federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
About Upper Lakes
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN, and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s). Develops strategy to source candidates for hard to fill positions.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Screens and interviews applicants.
- Coordinates in-person interviews with appropriate hiring manager, follows up to determine next steps.
- Extends verbal and written contingent job offers.
- Coordinates with HR Generalist to complete background checks and new-hire drug testing and pre-employment physicals and schedules 1st day orientation.
- Develops professional relationships with delivery driver candidate sources local to each Upper Lakes Foods facility. Acts as liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies.
- Responsible for promoting Upper Lakes Foods as a preferred employer for area CDL holders, distribution and transportation professionals
- Completes weekly report on employment activity.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years demonstrated success in a recruiting role
- Proficient computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organization and motivational skills
- Ability to work with minimal instruction and directions
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM certification preferred
- Two- or four-year degree in Human Resources Discipline preferred
Application deadline: June 29, 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.