The Customer Relations Professional for National Accounts’ responsibility is to communicate clearly and effectively with our national accounts, primarily through email and phone to ensure proper order entry to order delivery. This positions also works with our internal teams to proactively communicate national account needs as they arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process and follow orders from entry to shipping
- Monitors inventory levels
- Utilize XRS for on-time delivery schedule of daily routes
- Provide quick, positive response to customer and account executive’s requests
- Enter credit requests into Sharepoint
- Coordinate between customer and distribution centers additional deliveries to sites when necessary
- Communicate inventory update information
- Communicate holiday routing to national accounts
- Communicates with Chain Specialist and Multi-Unit Account Executive on issues or concerns as well as good news pertaining to national accounts
- Communicates with manager on issues or problems pertaining to internal departments
- Seek out efficiencies in processes
- Meet all deadlines as directed
- Professional representation expected by following our core values.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-4 years working in the customer service field
- National account experience preferred
- Knowledge and proficiency in the following systems: Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as the Internet.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment; i.e. copy machine, fax machine and scanner
- Ability to be flexible, to be fair, and to function under pressure.
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Must be able to complete a project from beginning to end.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Upper Lakes Foods, Inc customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands and Working Conditions
- Typical office environment with shelves overhead and above work surfaces
- Sitting at workstation 85% of work time. Standing/walking bending, and reaching, and lifting and carrying of light loads approximately 15%.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS:
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier, and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people, and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic– We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance, and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude– We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable, and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity– We believe in honesty, truthfulness, and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work– We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety, and service.
- Professional Appearance– We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness, and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction– We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”