Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is looking for a District Manager in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Area. This is full-time salaried position.
The District Manager achieves District Sales operational objectives by contributing District Sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining District Sales system improvements; implementing change.
This position will be working in and around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and will require working some non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs. This position requires travel, with approximately 10% being overnight travel.
- Sells products by maintaining and expanding customer base and managing sales staff
- Meets district sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for district in support of national objectives
- Maintains and expands customer base by leading Sales Representatives; building and maintaining rapport with customers; identifying new customer opportunities
- Accomplishes District Sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned districts; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. policies and procedures
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks
- Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5-7 years of Management experience in Food Sales Industry, required
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets insurability standards
- Demonstrated leaderships skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite
- Competitive Wage
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) Package
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Opportunity for Advancement