Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is looking for a District Sales Manager. The successful candidate will lead the district sales team through active and personal engagement and management of the customer experience, and will possess an intimate understanding of the enhanced profitability model at Upper Lakes Foods through current customer initiatives for optimal growth, efficiency, and effectiveness.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Summary. Expanded job description available for review)
- Intense focus on Opening, Penetrating and Tipping goals established in conjunction with the sales team bi-annual sales performance review objectives
- Coach sales force team in sales techniques and methods, product knowledge, and utilization of sales team
- Active engagement with the sales team and customers
- Review budget on a weekly basis, and communicate information to staff
- Understand & enforce company guidelines, including credit & returns policy, and accounts receivable guidelines
- Assess customer alignment within district through account transfer process
- Understand and utilize internal software, tracking systems, and spreadsheets to support department metrics
- Support and understand Megabite online ordering platform with sales team and customers
- Continuous focus to seek out efficiencies by providing solutions within the Sales Department
- Prioritize core projects, customer initiatives, and staff needs utilizing excellent time management skills
- Perform quarterly business reviews with eligible customers
- Business relationship development across all departments, both internal and external to Upper Lakes Foods
- Promote an on-going awareness of company cost saving ideas.
- Facilitate and lead quarterly education meetings.
- Maintain and expand customer base.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated aptitude of selling on value propositions
- Ability to lead, train, and develop staff
- Demonstrated aptitude for strategic planning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet, and social media platforms
- Excellent verbal/presentation and written/grammatical skills required
- Accelerated organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets insurability standards
- Background in foodservice specific roles, including sales and management of a winning team
- 5 to 7 years of successful outside sales experience
Qualified applicants may submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com or click the “Apply Now” link, below. Application deadline: Friday, March 30, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.