This position is responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of the Inside Sales Department including coaching, developing, and leading the inside sales team (street and national accounts) through active and personal engagement and management of the customer experience. This position requires intimate understanding of the enhanced profitability model at Upper Lakes Foods through current customer initiatives for optimal growth, efficiency, and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active engagement with the sales team and customers on a weekly basis
- Oversees, manages and directs the work of all inside sales team including but not limited to:
- Staffing/scheduling to provide service coverage to ULF customers and meet budgetary goals
- Provides regular feedback, both formal and informal, to direct reports.
- Participates in recruiting efforts including updating job descriptions, conducting interview, selecting candidates for hire and training new employees.
- Resolution of complaints and conflicts between department personnel
- Coach IS team in sales techniques and methods, product knowledge, territory, and account management
- Utilization of financial support software, such as Track Max Insight and Qlick View, suggesting improvements as they present themselves
- Awareness of Accounts Receivable to ensure results within guidelines by customer type
- Assessment of customer alignment within districts through account transfer process
- Support and training for Megabite online ordering platform with sales team and customers
- Continuous focus to seek out efficiencies by providing solutions within sales department
- Business relationship development across all internal departments
- Promote an ongoing awareness for company cost savings ideas
- Coordinates an inside sales meeting on a bi-weekly basis for ongoing education of sales team
- Driven focus on enhancing relationship with our supplier and brokerage partners for product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes
- Coordinate within the department to set goals that have clear expectations and strategies to obtain both short and long-term successes
- Update and educate our Executives & Directors on best practices for enhanced profitability model
- Research and present on-going education opportunities such as: WFF Annual Leadership Development Conference, Dale Carnegie Skill for Success
- Run daily reports of: Below 10, Below Base Cost, Out of Inventory (for 3 DC’s), Outs & Subs Report (for 3 DC’s), Daily Customer Call Sheets, Special Orders, New Items, Samples, Donations, Price Contracts, Credit & Returns, Expense Forms, and Graphics
- Weekly review of: Time Management and Requests, New Item Inventory Tracking, Credit/Debit Approvals, and On Hand Special Order Reviews
- Review and Approve monthly Account Transfers, Supplemental Info, and Inventory Reduction Tracking/Processing
- When deemed necessary process: Recalls, Off Day Delivery Approvals, Spice Conversions, Recruit/Interview/Onboard New Team Members, and Educate on FSMA
- Attend the monthly Sales Management Meetings and Sales Meetings
- Twice a year coordinate the New Products Booth at the ULF Food Show
- Coordinates start up for new business, schools, and chain accounts
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years’ experience in a supervisory role
- 2-5 years’ experience in a customer service role
- Demonstrated aptitude of selling on value propositions, as well as negotiations and influence
- Training and development of staff strong prerequisite
- Strategic planning aptitude for territory and market geography required
- Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office as well as the Internet applications.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment; i.e. copy machine, fax machine, and scanner
- Ability to be flexible, to be fair, and to function under pressure.
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Must be able to complete a project from beginning to end.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Upper Lakes Foods, Inc customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong preference for foodservice specific positions, to include sales and management of a winning team
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Typical office environment with shelves overhead and above work surfaces, overhead fluorescent lighting, computer screens and frequent telephone interaction. Open office space with moderate noise level. Sitting at workstation 85% of work time. Standing/walking bending, and reaching, and lifting and carrying of light loads approximately 15% of work time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.