This position provides quality service and support to customers across all street, healthcare, and education segments. Works within the Inside Sales department and coordinates with Sales Account Executives to keep customer satisfaction at a high through daily project management, daily task follow through, and superb customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process and follow orders from entry to shipping
- Communicate inventory status to merchandising. Seek opportunities to reduce inventory.
- Review reports and projections as needed (daily, weekly, etc.).
- Identifies and closes additional purchases of products and services to customers
- Works closely with account executives & customers to provide support for all our customers’ needs.
- Coordinates and communicates across multiple ULF departments to achieve high customer satisfaction in alignment with company goals and procedures.
- Continuously seeks opportunities for customers utilizing enhanced profitability model
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in the food industry
- Coordinate recall and customer rebate activity for district
- Provide back-up coverage, as needed, for district manager, account executives, and other inside sales personnel.
- Meet all deadlines as directed
- Enter projections monthly by school district
- Request delivery changes by school district
- Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Utilize checklist to wind down and ramp up K12 schools
- Professional representation expected by following our core values.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, suppliers and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-4 years working in the customer service field
- Knowledge and proficiency of the following systems: Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as Internet applications.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment; i.e. copy machine, fax machine and scanner
- Ability to be flexible, to be fair, and to function under pressure.
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Must be able to complete a project from beginning to end.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Background in food industry, restaurant, hospitality, warehousing or food distribution.
Physical and Mental Demands and Working Conditions
- Typical office environment with shelves overhead and above work surfaces
- Sitting at workstation 85% of work time. Standing/walking bending, and reaching, and lifting and carrying of light loads approximately 15%.
- Occasional Travel
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS:
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN, and Janesville, WI. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier, and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people, and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic– We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance, and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude– We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable, and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity– We believe in honesty, truthfulness, and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work– We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety, and service.
- Professional Appearance– We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness, and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction– We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”