Upper Lakes Foods is looking for a Shipping/Inventory Control Clerk in the Northfield, MN facility. This is an hourly position, responsible for accurately managing and maintaining both inbound receiving documents and outbound delivery invoices. Maintains and analyzes warehouse metrics. Provides general clerical assistance to facility. Occasionally performs the duties of warehouse laborer
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN & Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas
- Maintains inventory cycle counting program
- Process and verify inbound receiving documents for completion and corrections.
- Process & verify outbound delivery invoices for completion & correctness including processing product returns & credits.
- Inbound goods breakdown and receiving. Product put-away and replenishment.
- Process credit claims for refused/non-conforming product.
- Data entry and analysis of warehouse accuracy and other metrics
- Data entry for outbound truck lists and backhaul appointments.
- Orders and maintains inventory for warehouse and office supplies
- Assists in maintaining the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan
- Assist in daily scheduling of inbound freight appointments.
- Establishes & maintains effective work relationships within the department, Company, the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous warehouse experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Work, Outlook, and in the use of internet browser applications.
- Problem solving skills
- Fork Lift and Pallet Jack certification, or ability to become certified in both areas. Experience in both preferred.
- Inventory and quality control experience preferred.
- Experience with issue tracking & trending software preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Sitting at workstation 85% of work time. Standing/walking approximately 15%.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Typical office environment with shelves overhead and above work surfaces.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Application deadline: September. 21, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.