Direct the movement and distribution of receiving shift employees to ensure the safe, efficient, and economical utilization of the facility for receiving, storing, and distributing finished product inventory. Perform all duties in relation to a primary product receiver. Maintain communication with the receiving office and Warehouse Supervisor to properly handle work flow and individual responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with warehouse supervisor to prioritize the handling of the receiving shift operations workload.
- Be able to preform all essential duties associated with receiving shift.
- Guides the warehouse associates to meet the daily business demands through hands-on active leadership.
- Works until job is completed while maintaining acceptable production levels.
- Keeps work area clean and free of damaged product.
- May be called upon to assist in all areas of the warehouse (including the freezer, cooler, dry, yard and assist with cleanup).
- Be able to run and assess various reports to oversee completion of daily duties.
- Actively participates with the orientation and training of new hires as well as refresher training of existing employees.
- Utilize computer system to receive incoming orders
- Works with office staff and transportation to coordinate the intake of backhauls.
- Coordinates coverage for scheduled time off with warehouse supervisor and fills in when sick.
- Follows all appropriate policies, safety procedures and OSHA requirements.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- At least 1-year experience in a warehouse setting.
- Ability to perform the duties of a loader, receiver and forklift operator.
- Comprehension of basic warehouse operations.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : email@example.com