Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is looking for a Sales Account Executive to service the Duluth, MN & North Shore areas. The candidate must live in reasonable proximity to this sales area. The Sales Account Executive is responsible for promoting our products and services by building relationships with new & existing accounts. This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends & holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Cold calling prospective customers.
- Building relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Research customer’s business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Demonstrate use of products (i.e. cooking and sampling products for customers).
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation and logistics departments; troubleshoot (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, food shows, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent and 3-5 years of Foodservice Distribution sales experience
- 6 months of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree, a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds regularly
- Valid driver’s license with a “clean” driving record
- Ability to pass post-offer, pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Willingness to sign the Upper Lakes Foods’ “Non-Compete” Agreement
Application deadline: September 28, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.