The Sales Account Executive is responsible for promoting products and services by building relationships with new and existing accounts. This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cold calling prospective customers.
- Building relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Research customer’s business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Demonstrate use of products (i.e. cooking and sampling products for customers).
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation and logistics departments; troubleshoot (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, food shows, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special-order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Utilization of financial support software, such as Track Max Insight
- Profitable pricing of customers through margin evaluation of Price Contract process
- Maximizes customer drop size through aggressive account penetration
- Quarterly business reviews conducted with customers participating in Customer Loyalty Programs or Customer Collaboration Programs
- Driven focus on enhancing relationship with our supplier and brokerage partners for product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes
- Seek out community involvement by becoming a public relations arm for the company
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED):
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- This position requires a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED), or equivalent
- 6 months of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree
- Demonstrate aptitude of selling on value propositions, not price
- Knowledge and proficiency of the following systems: Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as the Internet.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment; i.e. copy machine, fax machine and scanner
- Ability to be flexible, to be fair, and to function under pressure.
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Must be able to complete a project from beginning to end.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Upper Lakes Foods, Inc customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS:
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier, and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people, and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic– We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance, and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude– We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable, and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity– We believe in honesty, truthfulness, and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work– We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety, and service.
- Professional Appearance– We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness, and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction– We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”