Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is looking for a Service Technician. The Service Technician performs installations, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and modifications to maximize production efficiency of all chemical and beverage equipment. This position often requires working non-traditional long hours (evening, weekends and holidays).
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Onsite installation, troubleshooting and maintenance for all coffee and juice machines, dishwashers and other equipment sold by Upper Lakes Foods, Inc.
- Provides remote technical support and troubleshooting for all equipment
- Trains customers and operators on functionality of all equipment
- Available for on-call days and must respond to all phone calls in a timely manner
- Performs preventative maintenance on machines and auxiliary equipment as assigned
- Follows all safety requirements, policies and reports any unsafe conditions to the Safety Director
- Works in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- Conducts continuous process improvements in relation to safety, reliability, quality, productivity and costs
- Associate’s degree in electronics or equivalent work-related experience
- Excellent hardware and software trouble shooting skills
- Knowledge of electronic components and circuits
- Excellent analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as solid interpersonal, presentation and training skills required
- Ability to work 9-12 hours/day
- Ability to travel up to the Canadian border
- Ability to work every 3rd weekend
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds, regularly
- Valid driver’s license with a “clean” driving record
- Ability to pass post-offer, pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Ability to read, write, speak English
Application deadline: Friday, December 1, 2017.