Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is looking for a Service Technician to be based in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. The Service Technician performs installations, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, & modifications to maximize production efficiency of all chemical and beverage equipment. This position often requires working non-traditional long hours (evening, weekends and holidays).
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Onsite installation, troubleshooting and maintenance for all coffee and juice machines, dishwashers and other equipment sold by Upper Lakes Foods, Inc.
- Provides remote technical support and troubleshooting for all equipment
- Trains customers and operators on functionality of all equipment
- Available for on-call days and must respond to all phone calls in a timely manner
- Performs preventative maintenance on machines and auxiliary equipment as assigned
- Follows all safety requirements, policies and reports any unsafe conditions to the Safety Director
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and unsafe conditions; report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Seeks continuous process improvements relative to safety, reliability, quality, productivity & costs
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and technical capacity
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, training, and verbal & written communication skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Background in electrical, plumbing, mechanical work preferred, as is 3-5 years maintenance & installation experience.
Application deadline: Friday, June 15, 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.