Upper Lakes Foods is looking for a Sudden Service Delivery Driver. This position has the primary function of driving a sprinter van with the purpose of delivering & unloading various products to customers while providing excellent customer service. The driver will also work closely with the logistics department doing entry & account setup for outbound freight. This position is an “on call” position; employee may not be required every day.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN & Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all pre-trip responsibilities to include: check route numbers & account numbers for assign deliveries, count & check items & invoices that have been loaded, & perform “pre-trip safety check” inspection of the vehicle.
- Hand-stack product onto a hand dolly & unload from van to designated customer storage areas. Drive to/deliver customers’ orders according to predetermined route. Verify delivery of items w/customer & obtain necessary signatures. Collect cash or checks where required. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoices & to communicate all errors/returns.
- Perform all post-trip responsibilities including: unload damaged goods & customer returns, complete necessary paperwork, turn in all funds collected, perform safety check on the vehicle, park & secure vehicle in designated areas, company vehicle maintenance reports, & reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Attend company meetings as necessary
- Submit and implement new ideas to foster continuous improvement.
- Assist with the set-up of new customers and their transportation requirements.
- Routine data entry for outbound freight department
- Communicate daily schedule with warehouse and transportation staff.
- Provide and always promote positive customer service.
- Adhere to policies and practices as determined by Upper Lakes Foods.
- Establish & maintain effective work relationships within the department, Company, community; & maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between assigned start & end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Knowledge & proficiency of following: Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word, & Outlook, as well as the Internet.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment; i.e. copy machine, fax machine and scanner
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Requires occasional lifting and moving of more than 60 pounds.
- Other physical job requirements as described in Job Description (available upon request). Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.