The Truck Jockey is responsible for backing tractors trailers into loading dock. They are also responsible for Unhooking and hooking trailers from tractors along with recording internal temperature of trailers.
- Fuel equipment when necessary.
- Drive trucks as necessary.
- Back assigned trailers into proper loading bay in a timely manner.
- Hook up and unhook trailers and tractors safely and efficiently.
- Operate refrigeration units, Espar units, and rear cooler assemblies.
- Record the internal temperature of the trailer.
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures as determined by Upper Lakes Foods, Inc.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Physical Demands: The Truck Jockey may be subject to repeated bending, lifting (30-50 pounds on a regular basis), and squatting. This position requires the ability to sit long hours and work nights and weekends. The Truck Jockey must write, speak, and understand English. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.