Upper Lakes Foods, Inc., is looking for an additional Truck Jockey/Fueler to work the afternoon shift. The Truck Jockey/Fueler is responsible for backing tractors trailers into loading dock. They are also responsible for unhooking and hooking trailers from tractors, fueling equipment, and recording internal temperature of trailers.
About Upper Lakes Foods
Upper Lakes Foods is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Fuel equipment when necessary.
- Drive trucks as necessary.
- Back assigned trailers into proper loading bay in a timely manner.
- Hook up and unhook trailers and tractors safely and efficiently.
- Operate refrigeration units, Espar units, and rear cooler assemblies.
- Record the internal temperature of the trailer.
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures as determined by Upper Lakes Foods, Inc.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Physical Demands: The Truck Jockey may be subject to repeated bending, lifting (30-50 pounds on a regular basis), and squatting. This position requires the ability to sit long hours and work nights and weekends. The Truck Jockey must write, speak, and understand English. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Ability to pass post
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.