Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is looking for a Warehouse Lead in the Northfield, MN facility. This is an hourly position, responsible for directly assisting the Warehouse Supervisor with the coordination, supervision & delegation of the warehouse operations workload to the night warehouse associates. The Warehouse Lead maintains an active presence on the warehouse floor throughout the entire night shift to provide direct support to the associates & to ensure operational objectives are met efficiently and accurately.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN & Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas
- Works with warehouse supervisor to prioritize the handling of the warehouse operations workload.
- Guides the warehouse associates to meet the daily business demands through hands-on active leadership.
- Follows all appropriate policies, safety procedures and OSHA requirements.
- Administers the auditing of truck maps and the safe, accurate loading of trucks.
- Assists employees with resolving problems with picks, subs, outs and locating products.
- Actively participates with the orientation & training of new hires as well as refresher training of existing employees.
- May be called upon to assist in all areas of warehouse (including the freezer, cooler, dry, yard & assist w/cleanup).
- Operates industrial equipment in a safe manner and brings to supervisor’s attention any unsafe conditions
- Works until job is completed while maintaining acceptable production levels
- Keeps work area clean and free of damaged product
- Follows direction set by the night warehouse supervisor
- Coordinates coverage for scheduled time off with warehouse supervisor and fills in when sick
- Responsible for putting together driver boards, invoicing and backhaul sheets
- Assists with shift start up meetings.
- Establish & maintain effective work relationships within the dept., Company, & community; maintain the professional competence, knowledge, & skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 1 year experience in a warehouse setting
- Ability to perform the duties of a selector, loader, mapper receiver and forklift operator
- Comprehension of basic warehouse operations.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook & in the use of internet browser applications.
- Must be able to obtain Forklift Certification
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION & WORKING CONDITIONS:
Workweek is typically Sunday through Thursday with occasional Saturday work. Typical warehouse environment with racking, forklifts, concrete floors, coolers & freezers. Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Sitting at workstation 5% to 15% of work time. Standing/walking bending, & reaching, & lifting 85% to 95% of work time. The employee frequently lifts cases averaging 25# but occasionally up to 100#. Frequent use of forklift. Additional time at work station when filling in for warehouse supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Application deadline: September. 21, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.