Our Janesville, WI Distribution Center is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to schedule and control all incoming deliveries for this locations. This position communicates with warehouse personnel on a daily basis to receive and store all incoming products in a safe and timely manner in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect fees and issue receipts to outside carriers who require payment.
- Work with ULF drivers coming back to the warehouse needing to be unloaded.
- Be able to run a dock lock and dock plate to assist floor personnel.
- Coordinates with Cloquet Transportation department on incoming back-haul schedule.
- Communicate effectively with Receiving team and Warehouse Supervisor.
- Print all purchase orders and receiving labels every morning.
- Communicate with Purchasing Department when trucks do not arrive as scheduled.
- Complete Proformas on completed purchase orders.
- Process product transfer paperwork. This includes Will calls paperwork, BOLS, etc.
- Adheres to all company policies and practices.
- Handles a wide variety of paperwork including purchase orders, return authorizations, delivery notes and other shipping papers.
- Reviews all delivery notes for “Special Instructions” and highlights them for the Warehouse.
- Prepares all special labels for customer orders.
- Provides information to Customer Service Representatives when requested.
- Schedules inbound as well as outbound loads.
- Provides timely and professional communication with internal as well as external customers.
- Ensure orders are shipped in time to arrive by the customer’s requested delivery date.
- Assist other office personnel with driver paperwork and crediting when needed.
- Files paperwork as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping standards within the Shipping Office.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1yr Shipping and Receiving experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of administrative functions such as planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to utilize various personal computers, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and database software.
- Flexible to ever-changing workloads and responsibilities
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Typical office and warehouse environment. Three temperature zones ranging from room temperature to sub-zero. Occasionally lifts 50+ pounds. Occasionally move about the docks/loading area to effectively communicate with team members. Sitting at workstation approximately 85% of work time. Standing and walking approximately 15% of work time. Noise level in work environment is moderate to loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”