|Klement’s Four Cheese Smoked Sausage, Sliced ½ inch||583821||14 oz.|
|Zerega Elbow Macaroni||390141||8 oz.|
|Grassland Butter||215004||1/3 cup|
|H. Brooks Yellow Onion, Chopped||138750||1/3 cup|
|Int'l Foods Flour||345010||3 Tbsp.|
|Land O Lakes 2% Milk||149626||2 cups|
|Schreiber Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Cubed||210304||10 oz.|
|Sugar Foods Bread Crumbs||430165||1 cup|
|Salt and Pepper||to taste|
1. Fill a pan with lightly salted water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in pasta and return to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked thoroughly, but still firm (about 8 minutes).
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
3. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir in the chopped onion for about 5 minutes – until translucent.
4. Whisk in flour, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook and stir butter, onion and flour for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened, and remove from heat.
5. Whisk in the milk a little at a time, stirring constantly, and return to low heat. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook over low heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, to finish cooking the flour.
6. Whisk in cheddar cheese, a few cubes at a time, until all the cheese has been added, and sauce is hot and smooth.
7. Pour pasta into the cheese sauce and stir to combine. Stir in Klement’s Four Cheese Smoked Sausage, salt and pepper.
8. Transfer macaroni and cheese mixture to prepared baking dish and sprinkle bread crumbs over the top. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until bread crumbs are browned and mixture is bubbling.
9. Let stand for 15 minutes to set before serving.