This position is responsible for functions of accounts payable & accounts receivable. Position will entail completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to company procedures and policies and assisting customers & sales staff with questions regarding billing & payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure accuracy of invoices and purchase orders by checking items received and billed. Facilitate the resolution of any discrepancies.
- Process and pay invoices within discount terms.
- Bill vendors for samples.
- Enter invoices in computer accurately.
- Possess necessary telephone and customer service skills to discuss accounts with brokers and vendors.
- Answer all vendor inquiries.
- Prepare accounts payable checks.
- Print all accounts payable reports and maintain all accounts payable files.
- Prepare analysis of accounts as required.
- Assist in monthly closing.
- Check to ensure that customers are billed correctly for product received.
- Post transactions A/R (debits and credits) to customer accounts.
- Answer accounts receivable phone inquiries and follow up on questions.
- Obtain and provide invoice copies for customers, sales staff or supervisors as requested.
- Alphabetize and file credit reference and legal documents.
- Mail statements and invoices at predetermined times to specific accounts.
- Scan and email past due reporting /invoices.
- Provide positive customer service, contacting customers regarding collections.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associate Degree or higher is preferred
- 3 or more years of accounting experience is preferred
- Ability to read and write routine reports and general business correspondence.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Mastery of basic mathematical skills especially addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions and percentages.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : email@example.com