This position is responsible for performing contract assignments in support of new and existing contracted business. Works closely with all departments to gather data, prepare bids and implement procedures in compliance with contracts. This position supports national chain business, schools, and healthcare accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs basic analyses for implementing pricing on goods and services provided by Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. Data entry into Target system ensure price contract is compliant.
- Issue credits/debits to Upper Lakes Foods, Inc customers to resolve pricing discrepancies.
- Daily organizing, tracking, and maintaining bid pricing in compliance with contracts.
- Completes audit function per contracts
- Participates in data gathering for bid submissions.
- Prepares and finalizes all documents related to Bid/RFP completion. This may include preparing Market Basket documents, gathering company policies, and accurately completing questionnaires.
- Works with Group Purchasing Organizations external to the company in order to meet the needs of contract customers.
- Prepares monthly reports on pricing.
- Communicates face to face and on the phone with sales and purchasing employees to resolve customer questions and complaints related to pricing.
- Designs and performs regular audits to ensure margins compliance with contracts.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- May be entry level at start; On the job training provided
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional mathematical skills
- Ability to communication with people both internal and external to the organization; written and verbal communication must be exceptional
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Must be flexible to ever changing workloads and able to handle pressure/deadline situations.
- 1-year related experience in Bid Department in organization of similar size and revenue
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : firstname.lastname@example.org