SUMMARY: The Cost Analyst is responsible for maintaining all item costs, including freight; working with all departments within Upper Lakes to accurately establish item costs and compliance to processes impacting item costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathers supplier price lists directly from suppliers, brokers, and buyers
- Codes price lists with ULF item numbers
- Reviews and updates freight rates within the Target system
- Confirms purchase orders
- Reviews and corrects dirty purchase orders
- Reaches out to suppliers for product credits
- Manages cost effective flags in vendor maintenance in the Target system
- Implements Wendy’s cost changes as needed, this takes place at least monthly
- Reviews expiring markets in the cost screen in Target to determine need to extend or update costs
- Gathers and implements produce cost changes on a weekly basis
- Reviews the “daily roll” report from Target and updates costs immediately on special order items prior to them shipping
- Reviews the “weekly roll” report from Target and determines if and how costs should be updated on items where costs are dropping to achieve maximum profitability, and analyzes issues if costs are increasing tremendously
- Reviews and works with purchasing and logistics on bracket and/or freight issues
- Reviews and educates purchasing to teach how vendors are priced in the Target system, bracket differentials and potential opportunities, how freight is calculated, how purchase orders are billed (i.e. order date or ship date)
- Updates item costs based on chain bulletins
- Converts price lists received in PDF to Excel
- Communicates and reviews freight changes with the Bid & Pricing department
- Assists and educates buyers with understanding and accurately responding to price exceptions; both with suppliers and within the Target system
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Four-year degree in accounting discipline or at least 1 year of relevant experience
- Degree in accounting, finance or business and 1-3 years related experience in a similar profession/organization
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel as well as the ability to quickly learn Upper Lakes Foods’ software system
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate both verbal and written with co-workers and those external to the organization
- Strong desire for continued growth and learning
- Degree in accounting, finance or business and 1-3 years related experience in a similar profession/organization preferred.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”