SUMMARY: The credit manager is responsible for the overall management of the credit department, which includes developing and improving operational goals of the department, and staffing, training and development of staff. This position supervises the AR/Credit staff who are responsible for conducting credit investigation, collecting delinquent accounts, processing payments, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and directs the day to day functions of the Accounts Receivable/Credit team.
- Ensure proper training of all AR/Credit clerks, completes performance evaluations, sets individual goals to meet departmental and company goals.
- Set up new accounts and assign credit terms.
- Review collection reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Work with sales personnel and customers to resolve slow pay and past due problem accounts.
- Make personal visit with sales personnel to customer when needed.
- Assist cash application and accounts receivable personnel with problem accounts.
- Audit delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
- Submit delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection.
- Compile and analyze statistical data on fraudulent use of credit cards to develop procedures designed to deter or prevent use of cards.
- Maintain credit files on all accounts.
- Mail credit statements.
- Inactivate inactive accounts.
- Train and review credit policies with new sales personnel.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as determined by Upper Lakes Foods, Inc.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ related experience in a collections/Accounts Receivable role or equivalent education
- Two years’ experience in a supervisory role, preferably in an accounting role.
- Demonstrate excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, to internal and external customers. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to distinguish between routine and urgent tasks and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Ability to respect the confidentiality of the department work
- Four-year college or university degree in a related field.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”