ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately separate orders according to line item using industrial power equipment
- Palatizing line items on warehouse dock
- Ability to repetitively lift, pull and push 60+ pounds, bend over, reach above head, and kneel
- Ability to operate a powered pallet jack or lift product
- Ability to operate a fork-lift
- Maintain orderly and clean work area in compliance with Company safety and sanitation requirements
- Restock and replenish as appropriate
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Responsible for meeting productivity requirements
- Utilize computer system to receive incoming orders
- Utilize computer system to put received product away
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to pass the Lift Truck Operator Training Course test.
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations:
- Previous fork-lift experience.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”