SUMMARY: The Driver Helper is responsible for assisting the Delivery Driver with the coordination of inventory and unloading of trucks. Works with Delivery Driver to perform and complete all safety checks. The Driver Helper unloads and maintains product invoice counts for the Delivery Driver. Finally, always provides the highest level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manually unloads using a two-wheel cart on metal truck ramps.
- Works in truck cooler and freezer sections.
- Checks customer invoice of products that have been loaded.
- Completes required temperature checks.
- Performs safety check inspection of truck and trailer.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- No experience necessary
- Ability to perform the duties of a loading, unloading and inventory.
- Comprehension of basic warehouse and delivery operations.
- At least 6 months of experience in a delivery or warehouse setting.
- Interest in pursuing a CDL A license/Delivery Driver career with ULF
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 60 pounds.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Must have ability to safely transport product using a loaded two-wheel cart walked down a ramp.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : firstname.lastname@example.org