The Driver Supervisor manages the daily duties of all delivery staff, maintains records required by ULF Northfield, as well as the Department of Transportation (DOT). This position is required to collaborate with all ULF departments to promote continuous improvement within the Transportation Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the recruitment, onboarding & training of all delivery drivers in compliance with ULF policies and DOT regulations.
- Conducts road tests with driver candidates to determine qualifications.
- Work with the Logistics to ensure efficient routing, while meeting customer expectations.
- Performs and documents driver audits; ensure proper retention in compliance with regulations.
- Schedule and perform annual reviews with delivery staff.
- Oversees and directs daily driver responsibilities and performance.
- Initiates and conducts employee counseling in coordination with Human Resources.
- Review all ULF and DOT paperwork for accuracy; forward same to appropriate ULF departments.
- Create benchmarks for drivers to ensure they are performing at high levels.
- Be available to receive phone calls from drivers when away from work.
- Read, understand, and analyze daily, weekly and monthly operational reports and utilize to evaluate departments performance.
- Accurately plan/adjust headcount to meet department’s objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate safe work practices.
- Handle customer service issues and provide resolutions
- Create and implement processes to improve driver’s environment.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- >2 years relevant work experience; supervisory role preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of general DOT regulations and application.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional organization and motivational skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Able to work with minimal instruction and direction
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Class A CDL, required.
- Experience with routing and driver scheduling in a daily food delivery process
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic– We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude– We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity– We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work– We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance– We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction– We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : firstname.lastname@example.org