Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is looking for an Equipment Maintenance Technician to service customers in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. The Equipment Maintenance Technician performs installations, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, & modifications to maximize production efficiency of all chemical and beverage equipment. This position occasionally requires working non-traditional hours (evenings, weekends and holidays).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Onsite installation, troubleshooting and maintenance for all coffee and juice machines, dishwashers and other equipment sold by Upper Lakes Foods, Inc.
- Provides remote technical support and troubleshooting for all equipment
- Trains customers and operators on functionality of all equipment
- Available for on-call days and must respond to all phone calls in a timely manner
- Performs preventative maintenance on machines and auxiliary equipment as assigned
- Follows all safety requirements, policies and reports any unsafe conditions to the Safety Director
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and unsafe conditions; report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Seeks continuous process improvements relative to safety, reliability, quality, productivity & costs
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and technical capacity
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Holiday Pay
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic– We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance, and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude– We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable, and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity– We believe in honesty, truthfulness, and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work– We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety, and service.
- Professional Appearance– We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness, and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction– We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To Apply by Email : email@example.com