The Maintenance Technician performs installations, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and modifications to maximize production efficiency of all chemical and beverage equipment. This position often requires working non-traditional long hours (evening, weekends and holidays).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Onsite installation, troubleshooting and maintenance for all coffee and juice machines, dishwashers and other equipment sold by Upper Lakes Foods, Inc.
- Provides remote technical support and troubleshooting for all equipment
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Trains customers and operators on functionality of all equipment
- Available for on-call days and must respond to all phone calls in a timely manner
- Performs preventative maintenance on machines and auxiliary equipment as assigned
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Conducts continuous process improvements in relation to safety, reliability, quality, productivity and costs
- Participates in random screenings in accordance with Upper Lakes Foods, Inc’s company vehicle policy.
- Provides safety department with required documentation on any company vehicle accident and participates fully in any investigations that may result.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- OJT Training may be provided
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and technical capacity
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Upper Lakes Foods, Inc customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record; must maintain per Upper Lakes Foods, Inc’s company vehicle policy.
- Background in electrical, plumbing, mechanical work preferred
- 3 to 5 years maintenance and installation experience preferred.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic– We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude– We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity– We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work– We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance– We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction– We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : firstname.lastname@example.org