SUMMARY: The National Account Procurement Specialist will successfully procure all items identified by Sr. Director of Merchandising for the national account business assigned to them with the primary goal of accurately and efficiently achieving desired service level and shrink goals. The National Account Procurement Specialist will be responsible for functions including, but not limited to inventory management, national account interaction and supplier management while working with our internal team to exceed ULF desired goals and procurement standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop positive working relationships with internal customers and suppliers
- Proactively coordinate activity and communicate with internal customers and suppliers
- Place accurate and timely purchase orders for assigned product lines and suppliers
- Efficiently and accurately monitor all open purchase orders
- Manage inventory levels to meet service level goals and minimize shrink
- Monitor deliveries and proactively work to ensure supplier delivery schedules are met
- Review lines on an ongoing basis to identify areas of potential cost reduction and opportunities for additional efficiencies to reduce the overall costs of purchasing
- Work with Sr. Director of Merchandising and national accounts to set proper par levels on items for on hand inventory and set reasonable minimum order requirements
- Work with Sr. Director of Merchandising and national account team to identify and move out dead or slow-moving inventory
- Exceed service level, shrink, and inventory turn goals as set Sr. Director of Merchandising
- Work with suppliers and logistics to ensure orders are being placed in the most efficient bracket and transfer and backhaul opportunities are maximized
- Manage chain bulletins and national account limited time offers
- Work with supplier and national account team on any issues, including, but not limited to overstock, shortages, quality issues, etc.
- Review inventory status reports to identify changes in sales and review and adjust par levels to maintain appropriate inventory levels and exceed service level goals
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Will train candidate with suitable qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or an equivalent amount of experience preferred but not required.
- Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel as well as the ability to quickly learn Upper Lakes Foods’ software system
- Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire for continued growth and learning
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : email@example.com