SUMMARY: Pay Range is $60,000-$70,000. $7,500 sign on bonus paid over 18 months.
Safely transport goods and materials while maintaining compliance with DOT regulations and providing quality customer service. Typically OTR Monday through Friday and home on weekends.
- Operates tractor-trailer according to applicable state and federal transportation laws.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with DOT regulations and turn in DVIR reports weekly to the organization.
- Maintain DOT hours of service logs (electronic or manual as required).
- Maintains signed invoices, shipping bills of Lading, and other required paperwork and delivers documentation to shipping office after route completion.
- Manage time to meet scheduled customer delivery appointments.
- Ensure load integrity
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the organization, its customers, and broader community.
- Requires regular attendance per scheduled work days
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to safety regulations in accordance with FMCSA 391.11.
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class A with the necessary endorsements and meet the medical requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT) as outlined in 49 CFR. Have a good driving record.
- 23 years of age or older.
- No moving violations or DOT reportable accidents in the last three years.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of general DOT regulations.
- Ability to use, or learn to use equipment such as global positioning systems (GPS) i.e. XRS, and tools used to perform the job.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions and adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 1 years OTR/Regional
- Written and verbal communication – Ability to adjust communication style based on audience.
- Time-Management – Trip planning and navigation.
- Attention to detail – All aspects of motor vehicle operation and corresponding documentation.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best. The best products, best people, and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”