Drives truck over established route to deliver products or pick up back haul products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to work in a timely manner.
- Confirms correct paperwork and notes any immediate problems and reports them to proper person.
- Locates and confirms truck is ready for safe operation by performing proper pre-trip inspection.
- Checks paperwork at shipper locations by checking for correct product, quantity, and quality.
- Records any discrepancies and signs all appropriate paperwork/bills of lading (BOL).
- Secures customer signature on all necessary BOL’s.
- Confirms any pick up of product by checking for correct product, use by date, quality and quantity. Signs for return of product.
- Turns over all applicable paperwork to Dock Controller or authorized warehouse personnel upon return to warehouse.
- Maintains accurate driver log in Omnitracs system.
- Provides and promotes positive customer service at all times.
- Adheres to policies and practices as determined by Upper Lakes Foods.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- On the job training may be provided
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Upper Lakes Foods, Inc customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must possess a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and a valid DOT Medical Card
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : firstname.lastname@example.org