The Network/System Administrator position is responsible for performing the daily operational and maintenance activities on company systems including hardware, operating systems, applications, network, and other infrastructure components. This position will administer and maintain critical corporate services such as Active Directory, Exchange, and file servers. In addition, they will monitor, report, and correct performance issues, issues related to business continuity (disaster recovery), and antivirus/malware solutions. The Network/System Administrator provides backup support for critical servers, works with other departments and groups on critical corporate projects and analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems. This position is a full-time position and reports to the CTO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the deployment, distribution, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IS systems, including servers, virtual machines, workstations, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals
- Proactive monitoring of the network environment for faults and capacity and taking corrective action
- Schedule, plan, and perform system upgrades, including coordinating transition from test to production environments
- Develop batch files and PowerShell scripts to minimize repetitive tasks
- Create and maintain in-house documentation for repeatable processes
- Develop and test disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity
- Develop, perform, configure and test system backups and recovery utilizing disk, tape storage and replicas
- Provide quality support to end users with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical knowledge, and timeliness either by resolving the issue or by coordinating efforts with staff members
- Provide phone, Live Chat, and Remote Desktop support to resolve requests remotely or via personal visit
- Provides technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to internal customers by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding customers through step-by-step solutions
- Diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator issues
- Provide after-hours support on a rotational basis with other IS staff members
- Provide input to the development of corporate IT standards and policies to ensure compatibility and integration throughout the company
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED):
- Conduct vendor evaluation studies pertaining to IT-centric projects and makes recommendations to the IT Director
- Stay current in new IT technologies by attending conferences, vendor events, and training
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- This position requires a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED), or equivalent
- One to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other department personnel.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to trouble shoot computer problems for other employees.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS:
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier, and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people, and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic– We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance, and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude– We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable, and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity– We believe in honesty, truthfulness, and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work– We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety, and service.
- Professional Appearance– We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness, and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction– We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : firstname.lastname@example.org