Primary responsibility is to ensure our division’s delivery drivers have safe, clean, reliable equipment to perform their duties. Responsible for the cost-effective repair and maintenance of all transportation equipment for the Janesville division including but not limited to tractors, trailers, delivery vans, straight trucks, and other company vehicles. Responsible for the condition of the equipment, proper processing of related paperwork, coordination of repairs and maintenance of all transportation equipment, and communication with vendors and other departments within the ULF company in all matters relating to this division’s delivery equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Driver Support by ensuring all drivers enter clean, reliable, well maintained equipment, including but not limited to tractors, trailers, straight trucks, and electronic equipment related to driving and delivering (XRS, GPS, DigiTemps, etc.).
- Coordinate all repair and maintenance work on all transportation equipment and ensure work is timely and cost effective.
- Ensure PMs are done timely and cost effectively.
- Create programs and processes to monitor condition of delivery equipment.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of forms related to all transportation equipment including accident reports, DVIRs, and other important related documents.
- Monitors all maintenance and repair costs of all vendors related to transportation equipment.
- Consult and communicate with managers and vendors on maintenance and repairs of equipment, to ensure company standards are maintained.
- Direct and coordinate activities of transportation compliance to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 1 year experience in driving/supply chain role
- Mechanical familiarity with tractor/trailer equipment
- Proficient in DOT regulation and compliance
- Able to communicate well with employees, including drivers, yard people, warehouse people, and management.
- Able to create and navigate Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, SharePoint documents, and other electronic documents.
- Must be familiar with electronic log equipment, Proof of Delivery Equipment, and electronic temperature recording.
- Demonstrates consistent use of good judgment to maximize equipment dependability through the most cost-effective methods.
- Food Service delivery experience preferred
- Class A CDL preferred
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic– We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude– We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity– We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work– We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance– We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction– We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”