Plans, coordinates and manages the daily duties of all Northfield delivery staff, maintain records required by Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. as well as the Department of Transportation (DOT) and design and implement efficient and innovative ideas to improve overall operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees daily scheduling and dispatching of drivers to efficiently cover all customer routes. Coordinates with logistics department on same.
- Create and analyze daily, weekly and monthly operational reports and evaluate department’s performance.
- Actively participates in recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, training & coaching of delivery drivers.
- Ensures the proper driver audits are performed and maintains appropriate records in accordance with DOT requirements.
- Supervises all aspects of Driver employment including but not limited to scheduling, licenses and DOT medical card renewal, performance review, disciplinary action, benchmarking/goal setting to ensure the highest level of performance. Documents and retains records on all employment matters.
- Plans, analyzes work load and adjust headcount to meet department objectives.
- Plans and coordinates annual Driver’s meeting and agenda.
- Work with departments on all delivery issues to ensure the highest level of customer service. Oversee the resolution of customer service issues.
- Promotes and leads safety initiatives and trainings. Consults with Safety department regarding workers comp, food safety, driver accident reporting. Conducts investigations and ensures appropriate paperwork is filled out.
- Consults and collaborates with Human Resources department to ensure development and retention of top talent.
- Assists departments with new ideas and innovative ways to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Adheres to policies and practices as determined by Upper Lakes Foods.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 3 years’ supervisory experience in same or related field
- Working knowledge of all DOT regulations & H.O.S.
- Experience with routing and driver scheduling.
- Commercial Driver’s License, Class A
- Proficient computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and execute at a high level.
- Food delivery industry experience.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : email@example.com