Work as a member of a team responsible for receiving palletized product to keep the warehouse stocked with goods for future delivery to customers. Load and unload trucks, carts, and pallets and moves products. Restocks the warehouse. Keeps warehouse clean and safe when shortfalls are observed. Ability to abide by and strive towards the Core Values of Upper Lakes Foods, Inc.: Strong Work Ethic; Positive Attitude; Integrity; Teamwork; Professional Appearance; Respectful Interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to repetitively lift, pull and push 60+ pounds, bend over, reach above head, and kneel.
- Ability to operate a powered pallet jack, stand up reach truck, and a sit-down forklift (Clamper truck operational experience a plus).
- Maintain orderly and clean work area in compliance with Company safety and sanitation requirements
- Restock and replenish as appropriate
- Ability to operate an RF scan system to track pallet barcodes throughout the Warehouse.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting productivity requirements.
- Utilize computer system to receive incoming orders
- Utilize computer system to put received product away
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must be able to work the hours of Receiving Shift Monday – Friday (4:00am-12:30pm)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 6 months’ experience in a warehouse setting
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and communicate one on one with team and supervisors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions; Competent at problem solving.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift Certification-ability to obtain and maintain safety certification in compliance with company policy.
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : email@example.com