SUMMARY: The 2nd Shift Lead is responsible for helping the Warehouse Supervisor carry out all daily operations involved with order Selection, truck loading, and driver dispatch. This includes the oversite of personnel, related equipment, workflow planning and execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a safe work environment by monitoring safety procedures and leading by example.
- Carryout directives from second shift supervisor to improve daily operations and team building.
- Oversee workflow of the order selection shift to meet daily productivity goals.
- Truck Mapping though WMS software and the physical loading of trucks with pallet jack equipment and stacking by hand.
- Order Selection and Forklift replenishment.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work related problems.
- Facilitate orientation and training of new hires as well as refresher training of existing employees.
- Operates industrial equipment in a safe manner and brings to supervisor’s attention any unsafe conditions
- Initiate agendas and guide employee shift start meetings.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, to others, or to property.
- Requires regular attendance to perform work functions.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Speaking – Effectively communicate with others through spoken English language.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to another’s actions.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reason to solve work related problems.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- Must be able to obtain Forklift Certification
- Experience working in a warehouse setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best, the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Teamwork – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : email@example.com