SUMMARY: The Warehouse Lead is responsible for directly assisting the Warehouse Supervisor with the coordination, supervision and delegation of the warehouse operations workload to the night warehouse associates. The Warehouse Lead maintains an active presence on the warehouse floor throughout the entire night shift to provide direct support to the associates and to ensure operational objectives are met efficiently and accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with warehouse supervisor to prioritize the handling of the warehouse operations workload.
- Guides the warehouse associates to meet the daily business demands through hands-on active leadership.
- Follows all appropriate policies, safety procedures and OSHA requirements.
- Administers the auditing of truck maps and the safe, accurate loading of trucks.
- Assists employees with resolving problems with picks, subs, outs and locating products.
- Actively participates with the orientation and training of new hires as well as refresher training of existing employees.
- May be called upon to assist in all areas of the warehouse (including the freezer, cooler, dry, yard and assist with cleanup).
- Operates industrial equipment in a safe manner and brings to supervisor’s attention any unsafe conditions
- Works until job is completed while maintaining acceptable production levels
- Keeps work area clean and free of damaged product
- Follows direction set by the night warehouse supervisor
- Coordinates coverage for scheduled time off with warehouse supervisor and fills in when sick
- Responsible for putting together driver boards, invoicing and backhaul sheets
- Assists with shift start up meetings.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 1 year experience in a warehouse setting
- Ability to perform the duties of a selector, loader, mapper receiver and forklift operator
- Comprehension of basic warehouse operations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook and in the use of internet browser applications.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- Must be able to obtain Forklift Certification
ABOUT UPPER LAKES FOODS
Upper Lakes Foods, Inc. is the largest independent, wholesale food distributor in Minnesota. The company has three facilities located in Cloquet, MN, Northfield, MN and Janesville, WI. We distribute food throughout the Upper Midwest. Upper Lakes Foods specializes in serving foodservice operators such as independent restaurants, assisted living facilities, schools, and national and regional foodservice chain accounts with a strong focus on customer service. Simply put, the mission is to build value for each customer, employee, supplier and community we serve by bringing the best; the best products, best people and best ideas.
- Strong Work Ethic – We believe in the value of hard work, perseverance and consistency of character.
- Positive Attitude – We believe in encouraging a flexible, agreeable and well-adjusted work existence that promotes successful outcomes.
- Integrity – We believe in honesty, truthfulness and consistency of our actions.
- Team Work – We believe that work done by several individuals combined insures excellence of quality, safety and service.
- Professional Appearance – We believe in maintaining an appearance that promotes good hygiene, neatness and appropriate business dress.
- Respectful Interaction – We believe in creating a workplace where employees are treated fairly in a safe and positive environment.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.”
To Apply by Email : email@example.com