People want to support their local restaurants during the COVID-19 pandemic. Offering retail-ready products is one way restaurants are getting creative in order to keep the lights on.
What is the Corner Store concept?
It’s simply a temporary business model during the COVID-19 crisis to offer retail-ready food and pantry items in your restaurant. These days, sitting down at a restaurant isn’t an option. Customers are looking for meal options that can be taken enjoyed at home, without sacrificing the quality and freshness of a dine-in meal. This guide lists all retail-ready items from Upper Lakes Foods with Universal Product Codes.
Why the Corner Store concept?
- Continue to generate revenue beyond standard takeout and delivery.
- Provide a vitally needed safe environment to shop, with fewer crowds than seen at large stores.
- Continue to keep your staff employed.
- Provide curbside pick-up and delivery service for convenience.
What do I need to get started?
- Floor space for dry goods. Preferably a restaurant space with the ability to push tables to the side or re-arrange, creating a relaxed, wholesale environment.
- Walk-in cooler or freezer space to be able to sell dairy and produce.
- Staff to work the floor and staff to regulate health and safety guidelines of social distancing.
- Marketing plan. We have ideas and tips for you to spread the word about your corner store!
- Ordering/payment system.